Escapees RV Club

Saturday, June 27, 2015

An interesting week

On Monday morning I took the car to a local Auto shop and got the Air Conditioning fixed.  They replaced to AC compressor.

Tuesday when we got in the car and headed out the AC was blowing hot air.  After running our errands it was back to the shop.  An hour later they came and told us that they had screwed up!!  When they were putting it back together Monday afternoon they had inadvertently cracked an aluminum tube and they would order a new one and fix it at no cost to us.

Wednesday I got a call from the shop informing me the quickest they could get the part would be Friday.  On the way back from a doctor's appointment as we were driving south on Telegraph Rd (US-24) approaching the I-275 overpass we heard a loud bang and I said to Carole that something had hit our car.  Carole said "Yes, the windshield in front of me".


I dropped Carole off at home and went to the Glass shop and made an appointment to have the windshield replaced the next day (Thursday).

Thursday Carole had an appointment to have her hair done and I went to the barber and got a haircut while she was there.

I Picked up Carole and we had lunch at Olga's Kitchen.  Then I took Carole home and headed for the appointment at the glass shop.  I no sooner got settled in the waiting room than the shop foreman called me to come see something. The brand new windshield had a small chip at the bottom of it and they did not want to install a defective windshield, they would return it to their supplier and order another one for tomorrow.

Friday morning Carole had an appointment with our Cardiologist and we left there and went directly to the glass shop to have the windshield replaced.  The new one was good and they took the car right in.  Carole and I went next door to Bob Evans and had lunch.  Back over the the glass shop and wait about 30 minutes for the car to be done.  I then took Carole home and headed to the auto shop to get the AC repair finished.  When I got home Carole suggested we get a pizza for dinner so I called Happy's Pizza and ordered one.
And last, when I got up the morning the refrigerator was once again not working and had partially defrosted.
WONDERFUL WEEK!!



2 comments:

  1. Hope your weekend is going better. Miss talking to you guys. Thanks for keeping us in your loop. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mechanical stuff can die anytime. You just seemed to have a week of it. I like Carole's hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete